Monday, November 5, 2012

Holiday charity projects

Good evening everyone!

In my 15 years of the hobby, I can't even begin to explain how great the community has been to me.
It's because of the community I have come as far as I have and will soon be able to do what I love for a career. Unfortunately not everyone is as lucky as I am.

One of our newest commission pieces is an army to raffle at the local Games Workshops event in a month.
This job has me thinking about what I can do as a painter to help give back.

So over the next two months, I will be doing several miniatures to be given to the kids at the local store who aren't as lucky, running auctions for charities with the proceeds going to charity, and paint classes and tutorials to help improve the community, locally and online.

I'm looking for recommendations of what charities to get involved with. I've been referred to this one.
I like the concept behind it, being a gamer myself, I know that if I were to be hospitalized I would want to be able to either paint or play video games.

Tomorrow starts the road to completing the Grey Knight army. I will begin painting the inside of the Razorback.
I haven't 100% settled on the consistency of the army yet, but roughly it will be:

Castellan Crowe
15 Power Armoured Grey Knights
5 Paladins
1 Razorback

Have a goodnight guys!
William T.

No comments:

Post a Comment